Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lars Bronseth & French Playboy

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I recently came across the photography of Lars Bronseth while browsing around Phiary. A website of which I had completely forgot I was apart of until last night. If I had better photography skills and a proper camera I would participate in this site more often.Until then, I get to peep at all the amazingly talented people who do participate in this site on a regular basis. When I stumbled upon Lars the other night I was highly impressed. His photos are sexy, and yet trendsetting. Unlike say, the pages of Vice magazine or American Apparel ads that are to me often gratuitous in order to be shocking. There is something about Lars' photos that strike me much differently. The problem with Vice or American Apparel is that I'm sure it sells, but just how many tits does it take before it just becomes silly and sleazy. I never take any of the Vice spreads seriously because to me it just feels so fake and put on. A majority of Lars' photos are nudes but there is something not only highly fashionable about them but also strikingly different. His shots are in your face, rough, and beautiful. A mix of lust, spontaneity, and a touch of vulnerability. His series above remind me of pictures I saw of Lou Dillon & Lily Cole in French Playboy that also had a very similar feel. I think these would fit right in to the tasteful feel of that magazine. I certainly wish American magazines would catch up. I think guys and gals alike would appreciate it.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Speaking of those french playboy pics...I can't help but share the genius of them as well...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Lily Cole for french Playboy.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Lou Dillon for french Playboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment