Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birds & Girls

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These amazing pop art prints were made in the 60's/70's by artist Mel Ramos. He is still quite the legend, continuing to create these amazing portraits. I enjoyed the ones featured on Toro, but when I checked out his official website I came across these bird oriented prints which I found even more interesting then anything else on his site. These are fantastic, and reminded me very much of these vintage night lights I came across at the Toronto Erotic Arts & Crafts fair.

Photobucket

These were over all my favorite out of anything I had seen at the show, which was held at the Gladstone Hotel. They were truly original and unlike anything else I had come across before, other items at the fair were good..but nothing really stood out in comparison to these lamps. They were unique as well as affordable. My friends and I all agreed that this was the best part of the show.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Speaking of birds...flora..fauna and the like...I stopped by Type Books on my break at work today and ended up spending WAY too much money on a couple of journals. They were so amazing though that I could not resist them. On top of that, they are one of a kind, environmentally friendly, and handmade out of vintage papers and re purposed books. They have a variety of themes to these journals, but my favorite was the flora and fauna. Other themes include Arts & Crafts, Facts & Figures, Prim & Proper, etc. Be forewarned these babies are on the pricey side though they are prettier then any Moleskine I've ever seen. Check out the Eclecto papergoods selection here. I'm definitely going to see if my wonderful boss Susan at Drysdale & Co. would consider having them to sell in her store on the Danforth. They are beautiful pieces of art work as well as journals. It makes me want to start collaging again...quite badly.

I'd also like to make note that my amazing boyfriend is continuing to grow as a journalist at Toro Magazine. He has even launched his own music channel which he will be curating. I have to give him some mad props for working so hard. I'm sure he's going to take the music section of Toro into a whole other direction, in fact he's already had a great start. Despite the fact that I have been mad jealous since he started working at Toro, he seems to fit in really well there and I'm super proud of him. If you don't know about Toro, check it out.

Photobucket
At one time when it was in print and in its early years it had a huge feature on my other lover Ryan Gosling who graced the cover. That's how I found out about Toro originally and even gave Jessie that issue which I had saved for years due to it's undeniable sexiness. Haha. Gosling is also supposed to be in this months Flaunt magazine, promoting his band Dead Mans Bones.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You have a blog!!!
    Welcome.....hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Thanks! I started one on a whim..not sure how it's going to turn out. I was never good at keeping up at them so we'll see. :P

    ReplyDelete