Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Victoria Day




I am highly anticipating the weekend because us Canadians get to celebrate Victoria Day. Other wise, a excuse to go to the cottage and get a preempted start to the summer. I get the opportunity to go away to my boyfriends cottage this time with a couple of my good friends Amarina and Ron. I always enjoy a good road trip, and then the luxury a so-called-cottage (does having laundry and a jacuzzi tub make it rustic?) plus I always love the Canadian outdoors.

I was used to having a tiny little cottage deep in the woods with my family growing up before they sadly sold the place a couple of years ago. Where we had no indoor plumbing (we had to get fresh water from town to drink/boil) and always used a outhouse for our business. We washed our hair with rain water and had a wood stove to keep the cottage warm, and there was no television (except for two stations we got on the old tinfoil rabbit ears..) We spent most of our time reading, listening to music, writing, relaxing outdoors, excavating towns (Bancroft, Coe Hill, Peterborough) and thoroughly enjoying nature and the outdoors.

Over all, I'm hoping to get a bit nostalgic this weekend as my boyfriends cottage isn't too far away from where my family and I had our old cottage. So perhaps we will make a trip out to Bancroft and the place I spent many summers as a youth. Over all I'm excited just to get out of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment