Friday, May 8, 2009

Fever Ray











Fever Ray (Karin Dreijer Andersson) announced her North American tour, and I couldn't be happier. Ever since Silent Shout by The Knife (which is pretty much considered one of my favorite albums ever made) I have been looking forward to seeing her tour. The Knife rarely tour in North America. I had to settle for the deluxe edition of Silent Shout with the live footage from their performance in Sweden. Which just made my anticipation grow even worse. Their spectacle (next to the music itself) is worth while alone to see them play. I have profound respect for their music, and for the band(s) themselves as I have felt they are unlike any music being created at this time. They some how manage to fuse electro pop, with sullen dark hooks and lyricism that hits on a multitude of targets (feminism,death,love,longing,dreams,surrealism,nature).



They are fearless and are pretty much all that I could ever hope for in a band. Culminating intelligence, equality, creative, with a one of a kind sound. You have no idea how much I am dying to see her, and to share a room with her presence.



This music video just came to my attention today, despite having been out for a few months and it blows my mind! Very Lynch like in quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment