Thursday, April 16, 2009

Grey Gardens



Ah.. Drew Barrymore! A few posts ago I talked about my first male crush (i.e Christian Slater) which gradually went downhill. My first female crush was Drew Barrymore. Who was by far the icon of my teen years, and was someone who's fashion sense I also idolized. My admiration of Drew eventually fizzled (much like many of her romances) but she's always still been someone I've followed and can gladly say I still admire. Many people are split on Drew. Her roles are often questionable, and I had hoped that as the two of us aged so would her roles. But she was often and always typecast as this flaky coming of age chick. I ate it up as a teen, and loved her hippie attitude but then suddenly I felt like even I was more mature then Drew Barrymore. But maybe this is changing? I caught Drew last night on Letterman. She was on there promoting the HBO version of Grey Gardens. Which since HBO started it has had many fashionistas following its every move. No one was sure how Jessica Lange & Drew Barrymore would take to the roles of Big Edie and Little Edie. But this trailer looks amazing and so does Drew at the premier. Both Drew and Jessica pull off the two magnificently and transform almost identically to the two famous recluses.




I also came across this great video of Albert Maysels' being interviewed at Grey Gardens recently, now after the mansion has been completely renovated.

No comments:

Post a Comment